Episode 4: Idols Leading Astray
Table of Contents
- Isaiah 1:11-16
- 1 Timothy 2:8-14 (ESV)
- There are 7 reasons given for Jon Steingard’s departure from God
- Saying things like “Holy Spirit come fill this place” felt clunky
- Going to a youth conference they pushed every teen to pledge they’ll date Jesus for 1 year and this felt manipulative
- If God is all loving why is there evil?
- Does free will mean we suffer?
- Why are there contradictions in the Bible?
- Things him and his wife did felt like an obligation and not enjoyable
- Why is Christian ministry oppressive?
- Each point is looked at, some more deeply in future episodes
- How is God all loving and yet allows evil?
- Does free will mean we suffer? What about predestination?
- Is Christian ministry oppressive to women?
- This is also our longest podcast episode to date as this is not a topic that should just be brushed over quietly